This year at the Year 5 Book Awards, our lovely Miss Pullen won the ‘Inspiring Adult Award’. This was in recognition of her dedication to helping our children become life long readers. These are just a few comments from our children:
- She is always supportive and encourages everyone to read
- She inspires me to read more and has showed me many new extraordinary books. She’s amazing!
- She has supported me since nursery and now I read long chapter books
- She reads to us and makes it funny, interesting and smiles
- She arranges authors o come to visit the school.
- She reads to us a lot and does lots of activities to do with reading.
- She reads like a superstar!
- She inspires us by saying ‘if you can read a book you go into an adventure’.
- She taught us to be passionate about reading.
- Thank you Miss Pullen!
Al pupils in Year 5 took part in The Portsmouth Book Awards. They read the four shortlisted books and voted for their favourite. Winner Christopher Edge was at the Kings Theatre for the event and presented Miss Pullen with her award. Hana from Southsea Lighthouse was also nominated as 'Reading Champion'!
Well done Hana and Miss Pullen!