We believe that for effective teaching and learning to take place, good behaviour in all aspects of academy life is necessary. Ark Ayrton seeks to create a caring learning environment in the academy by:
- Encouraging and acknowledging good behaviour and discipline.
- Promoting self-esteem by encouraging students to value and respect themselves and others.
- Providing a safe environment free from disruption, violence, bullying and any form of harassment.
- Promoting early intervention.
- Ensuring a consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour.
- Encouraging a positive relationship with parents and carers to develop a shared approach to involve them in the implementation of the academy’s policy and associated procedure.
- Encouraging children to take responsibility for their behaviour.
- Explaining unacceptable behaviour.
Click here to download our behaviour policy in full: Ark Ayrton Behaviour Policy 2019/20