Starting school September 2018
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 he or she can start school in September 2018. From Monday 6 November 2017 until Monday 15 January 2018 you can apply online via Portsmouth City Council school admissions website ---> www.portsmouth.gov.uk/school admissions
Prospective parents/children for reception children in September 2018 are invited to look around our school on 29 November from 9.15 -10.15. Please contact the school office on 02392 824828 to let us know you would like to visit.
Ark Ayrton's school nursery is open Monday to Friday during term time. The nursery admits children from the age of two years nine months. Sessions are available for either mornings (8.45am until 11.45am) or aftenoons (12.30pm until 3.30pm).
When your child arrives at the nursery, they will be greeted by our friendly staff and made to feel welcome. We encourage the children to wave goodbye, to help reassure them that you will be returning later in the day.The nursery is run by a teacher supported by two nursery nurses. The children learn through role play.
We aim to provide a safe and secure environment, where children can grow, learn and develop. We enable children to explore and experiment within the nursery environment with adult-directed and child-initiated learning activities. This helps them to become confident, independent thinkers.
Our motto is aim high, work hard and play fair.
At Ark Ayrton we:
- Make learning fun and effective
- Develop a child’s self esteem and confidence
- Meet the individual needs of each child and their family
- Build a partnership with parents and carers
- Participate in PE
- Small group time where the children take part in activities to promote their learning within the Early Years Foundation framework
- Support our learning through hands-on experiences, including trips