Starting school September 2018
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 he or she can start school in September 2018. From Monday 6 November 2017 until Monday 15 January 2018 you can apply online via Portsmouth City Council school admissions website ---> www.portsmouth.gov.uk/school admissions
Prospective parents/children for reception children in September 2018 are invited to look around our school on 29 November from 9.15 -10.15. Please contact the school office on 02392 824828 to let us know you would like to visit.
We believe that effective assessment provides information to improve teaching and learning. Our rigorous progress and target setting model supports this.
We provide children with regular feedback on their learning so that they understand what it is that they need to do better. This allows us to base our lesson plans on a detailed knowledge of each pupil.
We also give parents/carers regular reports on their child’s progress so that teachers, children and parents/carers are all learning together to raise standards for all our children.
Aims and objectives
- The aims and objectives of assessment in our academy are:
- To enable our children to demonstrate what they know, understand and can do in their learning;
- To help our children understand what they need to do next to improve their learning;
- To allow teachers to plan learning that accurately reflects the needs of each child;
- To provide regular information for parents/carers that enables them to support their child’s learning;
- To provide the Headteacher and governors with information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the academy; and Help us to plan highly effective learning opportunities.