Starting school September 2018
If your child was born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014 he or she can start school in September 2018. From Monday 6 November 2017 until Monday 15 January 2018 you can apply online via Portsmouth City Council school admissions website ---> www.portsmouth.gov.uk/school admissions
Prospective parents/children for reception children in September 2018 are invited to look around our school on 29 November from 9.15 -10.15. Please contact the school office on 02392 824828 to let us know you would like to visit.
Vision and values
Aim high, work hard, play fair and shine brightly
We expect all members of our school community to uphold our values, to 'Aim high, Work hard, Play fair, Shine Brightly'. This might be a parent aiming high for their child by reading with them every day. A pupil might work hard by always doing their very best work and supporting their friends to do theirs and a member of staff can play fair by ensuring that they always return resources in the condition in which they found them. A pupil might shine brightly by creating a magnificent piece of homework. By all working towards the same set of Values we model appropriate expectations, support one another and keep our common goals at the forefront of our minds
- High expectations – of each other; pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- Exemplary behaviour – demonstrated by everyone, all the time.
- Excellent teaching – accelerated progress
- More time for learning – excellent attendance, extra tutoring time (before school, at lunchtime, after school)
- Depth before breadth – English and Mathematics secure before application in other subject areas.
- Knowing every child – Valuing every individual, meeting the needs of every pupil (inclusion)