Vision and values
Aim high, work hard and play fair
We expect all members of our school community to uphold our values, to 'Aim high, Work hard, Play fair'. This might be a parent aiming high for their child by reading with them every day. A pupil might work hard by always doing their very best work and supporting their friends to do theirs and a member of staff can play fair by ensuring that they always return resources in the condition in which they found them. By all working towards the same set of Values we model appropriate expectations, support one another and keep our common goals at the forefront of our minds
- High expectations – of each other; pupils, staff, parents and the community.
- Exemplary behaviour – demonstrated by everyone, all the time.
- Excellent teaching – accelerated progress
- More time for learning – excellent attendance, extra tutoring time (before school, at lunchtime, after school)
- Depth before breadth – English and Mathematics secure before application in other subject areas.
- Knowing every child – Valuing every individual, meeting the needs of every pupil (inclusion)